4 hours guided kayak tour around Vaxholm
ABOUT THIS KAYAK TOUR
Kayaking is the best way to explore the heart of the Stockholm Archipelago. Paddling around Vaxholm with the 16th century fortress and traditional fishing cottages, will give you the full archipelago experience. Admire beautiful swedish architecture along the way and listen to local stories about the area. On the other side, there is one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves, which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago.
We meet in our kayak center on Resarö island. We start with safety briefing and gearing up. In the middle of kayak tour we find the spot for a rest and enjoy a typical Swedish 'fika,' also known as a coffee break. You are also more than welcome to bring a swimsuit for a Baltic dip if you wish.
Our guides choose where to paddle based on their knowledge of archipelago, weather forecast and the sea conditions. Your guide will offer instruction on how to develop your paddling skills. We use single and double sea kayaks (depending on your experience). Doubles are incredibly stable and are great for those who are nervous or if you just want to share the paddling. The tour is available all year around. From October until May we use drysuits. For more please check our winter kayak tour.
Eco friendly tour
Environment and climate are very important for us. We believe each of us can take small steps and actions to a sustainable future.
- We encourage you to arrive by train or car. Our location is easily accessible by public transport.
- We don’t use single-use plastics and make all our tours zero-waste.
- We cooperate with local family businesses.
- We educate about The Right To Roam.
- We promote the off-season with unique products and discounted prices.
- We are a members of Skärgårdsstiftelsen (Archipelago Foundation working to protect a genuine archipelago).
If there is no availability online please contact us. We can provide also tailor-made tour for groups of at least 4 people.
1,200 SEK / person
May - October or check winter tours (with drysuits) from November
- English speaking guide
- All sea kayaking equipment including: double or single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Fika (swedish coffee break with bun and snacks)
- Others: waterproof bag, water
What to bring
- Swimming wear and towel
- Wetshoes, flip flops or sandals
- Change of clothes after kayaking
- Sun protection, sunglasses
- Waterproof case for your phone and camera
- Water bottle
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
- Minimum age 12 years, for families with younger children we recommend our Family tours
“People at the center are extremely friendly, competent and enthusiastic, and they provide a great choice of sea kayaks for paddlers of all sizes. ”
“If you're visiting Stockholm I cannot recommend this place enough. It made our trip and it made my boyfriend's birthday. I can't wait to go back.”
“Quality kayak, experienced and passionate guide, beautiful tour, a lovely lunch and swim during the stop. Exceeds all expectations!”