BASIC SEA KAYAK training
6 hours beginners training & rescues
SEA KAYAKING FOR BEGINNERS
No matter what is your previous kayaking experience, we invite you for a little theoretical and very practical training to boost your skill.
The course is suitable for people without any paddling experience or with limited experience looking for proper way to learn and improve skills. During the course you will have the chance to do a nice journey while practicing along the way. We will focus on efficient paddling skills, safety and rescues.
As part of the learning process getting wet and capsizing is possible, so come prepared for getting wet as well as a lot of fun and learning.
Get new skills
In an sheltered environment you will learn necessary basics about gear we use, safety and how to adjust and maneuver your kayak. We will cover information about: kayak parts and equipment, carrying and loading, launching and landing kayak from beach and jetty, forward and backward paddling stroke, turning and moving sideways, proper fitting and posture. We will also touch edging and avoiding capsize by braces. Finally we will have some fun in the water practicing wet exit and re-enter kayak on deep water as well as T-rescue and balance.
The aim of the course is to provide you with the necessary skills so you should be able to paddle shorter day trips in the inner archipelago in a group in calm weather with safety.
- English speaking kayaking leader
- All sea kayaking equipment including: single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Fika (swedish coffee break with bun)
- Others: waterproof bag
What to bring
- Swimming wear and towel
- Wetshoes, flip flops or sandals
- Change of clothes after kayaking
- Waterproof case for your phone
- Water bottle, snacks / lunch box
- Optional: short wetsuit in case of colder weather, nose plug and swimming goggles for comfort while playing in water
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
“People at the center are extremely friendly, competent and enthusiastic, and they provide a great choice of sea kayaks for paddlers of all sizes. ”
“If you're visiting Stockholm I cannot recommend this place enough. It made our trip and it made my boyfriend's birthday. I can't wait to go back.”
“Quality kayak, experienced and passionate guide, beautiful tour, a lovely lunch and swim during the stop. Exceeds all expectations!”