SEA KAYAK INTRO
4 hours introduction to sea kayaking and rescue training.
ABOUT SEA KAYAK INTRO
Duration: 4h | Season: June - August
Have you never been in a kayak before, but want to try? Or maybe you've paddled a long time ago and want to practice before you go on a longer trip? Have you bought a kayak and want to know how to use it safely? No matter what is your previous kayaking experience, we invite you for a little theoretical and very practical training.
Our sea kayaking intro training is recommended for anyone who would like to start amazing adventure with kayaking or improve their skills. We will paddle in calm, sheltered waters. This kayaking introduction willequip you with the essential skills to get you started sea kayaking, while you enjoy paddling in our fantastic location.
There is no requirement to have been in a kayak before. As part of the learning process getting wet and capsizing is possible, so come prepared for getting wet as well as a lot of fun and learning.
What we will do
This training will cover information about equipment, loading, launching & landing kayak, and basic paddling stroke technique.You will learn how to use spray skirt and how to carry the kayak. We will have also some fun in the water practicing exit and re-enter kayak and group rescue.
We can also adjust the training to you so please let us know if there is something special you want to learn or improve. We can focus more on paddling technique, route planning, safety and rescue, ekimo roll training etc.
4 hours (including gear up time)
1,200 SEK / person with fika
June - August
- English speaking kayaking leader
- All sea kayaking equipment including: single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Fika (swedish coffee break with bun)
- Others: waterproof bag, water
What to bring
- Swimming wear and towel
- Wetshoes, flip flops or sandals
- Change of clothes after kayaking
- Waterproof case for your phone and camera
- Water bottle, snacks / lunch box
- Optional: short wetsuit in case of colder weather, nose plug and swimming goggles for comfort while playing in water, waterproof etui for mobile
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
Please send us booking request. We will check availability for your dates and contact you to confirm. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at + 46 8 541 377 90.
We are always happy to help!
“People at the center are extremely friendly, competent and enthusiastic, and they provide a great choice of sea kayaks for paddlers of all sizes. ”
“If you're visiting Stockholm I cannot recommend this place enough. It made our trip and it made my boyfriend's birthday. I can't wait to go back.”
“Quality kayak, experienced and passionate guide, beautiful tour, a lovely lunch and swim during the stop. Exceeds all expectations!”