VAXHOLM ARCHIPELAGO KAYAKING
4 hours guided kayak tour around Vaxholm
EXPLORE VAXHOLM BY KAYAK
Kayaking is the best way to explore the heart of the Stockholm Archipelago. Paddling around Vaxholm with the 16th century fortress and traditional fishing cottages, will give you the full archipelago experience. Admire beautiful swedish architecture along the way and listen to local stories about the area. On the other side, there is one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves, which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago.
We meet in our kayak center on Resarö island. We start with safety briefing and gearing up. In the middle of kayak tour we find the spot for a rest and enjoy a typical Swedish 'fika,' also known as a coffee break. You are also more than welcome to bring a swimsuit for a Baltic dip if you wish.
Our guides choose where to paddle based on their knowledge of archipelago, weather forecast and the sea conditions. Your guide will offer instruction on how to develop your paddling skills. We use single and double sea kayaks (depending on your experience). Doubles are incredibly stable and are great for those who are nervous or if you just want to share the paddling. The tour is available all year around. From October until May we use drysuits. For more please check our winter kayak tour.
- English speaking guide
- All sea kayaking equipment including: double or single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Fika (swedish coffee break with a bun)
- Others: waterproof bag
- Wood burning sauna experience after kayaking (+ 200 SEK)
more about our sauna →
What to bring / wear
- Outdoor clothes according to the weather (no jeans)
- Wetshoes, flip flops or sandals
- Sun protection, sunglasses
- Swimming wear and towel, if you are up for bath
- Change of clothes after kayaking
- Water bottle
- A cotton towel, flop flops and a bottle of water, if you are interested in sauna after kayaking
- Normal physical condition which allows you for about 3 hours activity is required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
- Minimum age 12 years, for families with younger children we recommend our Family tours
Eco friendly tour
Environment and climate are very important for us. We believe each of us can take small steps and actions to a sustainable future.
Use public transport
We encourage you to arrive by train, bus, ferry or car. Our location is easily accessible by public transport.
During our tours we educate about the right to access Swedish nature (Allemansrätten).
We cooperate with local family businesses.
We are a members of Skärgårdsstiftelsen (Archipelago Foundationworking to protect a genuine archipelago).
No single-use plastics
We don’t use single-use plastics and make all our tours zero-waste.