BASIC SEA KAYAKING COURSE
Fundamental sea kayaking skills and rescue training.
DEVELOP YOUR PERSONAL SKILLS
The Level 1 Basic sea kayaking so far our most popular kayak course. There will be a little theory and a lot of exercises on the water to boost your paddling skills.
Welcome to join us if you are an outdoor enthusiast who would like to go deeper into the amazing adventure with sea kayaking.
Previous kayaking experience
You don’t need to have a lot of previous kayaking experience, however you will get the most out of this course if you've been paddling before and have normal physical condition / avaragely fit because we'll have a big day out on the water.
Goal: develop your paddling skills and practice rescueing
A course content is very much practical-based, corresponding to Euro Paddle Pass Yellow / BC Paddle Explore. In fact you will get more than that because we added elements from higher levels which we consider important for you.
Course will cover things like:
- kayaking equipment, carrying and loading
- launching and landing in different spots
- route planning and weather forecast
- efficient paddling technique
- changing direction, turning and moving sideways
- edging and avoiding capsizes
- paddling as a part of group , how to help a friend
- capsizing, wet exit and re-enter kayak, T-rescue
- balance exercises
Come prepared for getting wet. You can also join with your own sea kayak (your kayak must be equipped with: waterproof bulkheads, rudder or skeg system, spray skirt).
1,490 SEK / person
1,200 SEK with own kayak
Other dates and priv groups possible for at least 3 people.
- English speaking kayaking leader
- All sea kayaking equipment including: single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Others: waterproof bag
- Fika and sauna after paddling
In our kayak shop you can buy useful kayaking accessories like dry bags for documents, local maps, book to learn about sea kayaking.
What to bring
- Kayaking or outdoor clothes according to the weather (paddling cag or wind / rain protection jacket, thermal underwear, no jeans and no cotton, swimming wear and towel)
- Wetshoes or sandals
- Change of clothes in case you get wet
- Waterproof case for your phone
- Water bottle, lunch box, snacks
- Optional: short wetsuit in case of colder weather, nose plug and swimming goggles for comfort while playing in water
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person