KAYAKING & CAMPING
2 days kayak trip around Vaxholm
2 DAYS KAYAK TRIP WITH CAMPING
Kayaking trip with wild camp is a great idea for a weekend or short getaway into the nature. For sure it is also the best way to explore the heart of the Stockholm Archipelago. Paddling around Vaxholm with the 16th century fortress and traditional fishing cottages, will give you the full archipelago experience. Admire beautiful swedish architecture along the way and listen to local stories about the area. On the other side, there is one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves, which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago.
You will meet the guide and fellow paddlers in our kayak center on Resarö island. We start with safety briefing, gearing up and packing. Before leaving we will discuss the route details. Our guides choose the route based on their knowledge of archipelago, weather forecast and the sea conditions. We are planning to cover about 15 - 20 km a day which is reasonable distance even for beginners. During kayaking we will have offshore breaks for fika, swimming and simply enjoying time outdoor.
At the late afternoon we are going to set up a camp on our private island. Yes, private island Björnholmen Base Camp inhabited exclusively by us! During the day we will have some breaks for fika and bath in the sea. In the evening we are going to cook over the fire. We will start the morning with hike and bath. After breakfast we will get ready for paddling back to the kayak center. After returning there will be warm sauna waiting for us to relax after 2 days paddling.
After booking you will get from us the packing list of recommended clothes and food. Generaly feel free to bring anything you like to eat and what is easy to cook outdoors (also according to your diet). After returning to the kayak center there will be warm sauna waiting for us to relax after 2 days paddling.
Your guide will offer instruction on how to develop your paddling skills. We use single and double sea kayaks (depending on your experience). Doubles are incredibly stable and are great for beginners or if you just want to share the paddling.
Eco friendly tour
Environment and climate are very important for us. We believe each of us can take small steps and actions to a sustainable future.
- English speaking guide
- All sea kayaking equipment including: double or single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Camping gear: sleeping bag with fresh sheet, sleeping mattress, meal kit with cutlery, mug and plate, shared outdoor cooking gear, dry bag 20l for clothes
- Overnight in igloo group shelter on Björnholmen Base Camp
- Fika with coffee and bun before leaving
- Sauna after returning to kayak center
- Others: waterproof bag, water, packing list and food advices, drinking water
- Renting our standard 2-3 people tent: 350 SEK
- Food package for outdoor cooking: (lunch day 1 and 2, dinner day 1, breakfast day 2): 600 SEK
What to bring
- Few sets of outdoor clothes, rain coat, windproof jacket
- Food package: 2x lunch, dinner, breakfast, drinks
- Swimming suit and towel
- Wetshoes, flip flops or sandals and camp footwear
- Small flashlight or headlamp
- Sun protection, sunglasses andmosquito repellent
- Waterproof case for your phone
- Water bottle
- Personal items,toiletries, medication
- Camera, batteries, powerbank
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
- Minimum age 16 years, for families with younger children we recommend our Family tours
“People at the center are extremely friendly, competent and enthusiastic, and they provide a great choice of sea kayaks for paddlers of all sizes. ”
“If you're visiting Stockholm I cannot recommend this place enough. It made our trip and it made my boyfriend's birthday. I can't wait to go back.”
“Quality kayak, experienced and passionate guide, beautiful tour, a lovely lunch and swim during the stop. Exceeds all expectations!”