Watch out! Seal might be just behind the kayak…
Actually yes, they do like to follow kayaks 🙂
Here are some beautiful memories from freezing cold but at the same time gorgeous kayaking on the Baltic sea. Sea kayaking gives this amazing opportunity to venture on to a wild.
Here some interesting facts about grey seals:
- Grey seals are the largest mammals in the Baltic Sea, living here for ten thousands of years.
- Almost extinct in twentieth century, their populations are recovering rapidly.
- The Baltic grey seals prefer archipelagos and rocky shores.
- It’s easy to recognize them from other species of seals by large dog-like snout.
- An adult male can weigh about 300 kg and a female weighs approximately 150 kg.
- A grey seal can stay 20 minutes under water without breathing.