We’re a young, energetic and growing team looking for people who are able to share with others their passion and enthusiasm for kayaking and outdoor. If you enjoy meeting people, spend time outdoors, discovering places and trying new activities – you’ll fit in wonderfully and we’d love to hear from you!
Part-time / freelance
2 – 4 days a week
We are looking for sea kayaking leader to guide half day kayak tours and occasionally – depeding on your experience and skills – overnight tours and kayaking courses. We have also SUP and canoes so your wider outdoor experience will be an advantage.
At Skärgårdens Kanotcenter we are providing travellers and visitors with enjoyable tour experiences in Stockholm Archipelago. We are looking for outgoing and enthusiastic outdoor guides who like challenges, enjoy being outdoors and have passion to show the best Vaxholm and archipelago has to offer.
We expect guides to be strong leaders, with original interests about nature, wildlife, history, good teachers and communicators and handy with the typical equipment used on trip. We work with both certified guides and enthusiasts in their fields.
There is a possibility for longer cooperation and guding winter tours.
• guiding kayak day tours and/or courses (occasionally overnight trips) of individuals and groups, mainly in English
• taking care of the highest standards of customer service
Key skills and requirements:
• interests: outdoor activities, nature, wildlife, history
• local knowledge of Sweden and Stockholm Archipelago
• strong leader with good communication skills, safety judgment and positive attitude
• communicative English, knowledge of other foreign languages will be an advantage (French, Swedish)
• EPP or BCU course (minimum level 3* or equivalent skills)
• minimum age 24
Seasonal: May – September
3 – 5 days a week
Working as a staff member at our Skärgårdens Kanotcenter location is the perfect position for someone who likes outdoor and loves working with people. This is multi-faceted position with variety of works to help us keep everything running smoothly: from welcoming guests, providing safety briefing to cleaning and preparing gear and maintaining small repairs. You will work directly with customers, welcoming and accommodating guests in an effective and friendly manner. At times, we can be very busy with a lot going on, so it is important to be able to multitask and work efficiently while keeping a high level of customer service.
We are focused to give our guests the best possible experience so it’s important that you like working with people and share our strong dedication to customer service, and a positive, friendly attitude. English is required as we have many international guests.
• follow daily opening procedures
• meeting and greeting customers
• providing safety and area briefings
• be ready to participate in assisting all guests
• become familiar with and know how to operate all gear that we rent
• ability to do small repairs of rental gear
• reservation bookings
• ability to work with diverse people in a supportive and positive manner, always being polite and professional
• drive a van and trailer will be an advantage
Key skills and requirements:
• communicative English (both spoken and written), knowledge of other languages (especially Swedish, French) will be an advantage
• interests in water and outdoor activities
• physical ability to lift heavy gear (kayaks, canoes)
• positive attitude and desire to learn new skills in the outdoor industry
• manual skills are a big advantage
• the high standards of customer service
• minimum age 18
Working with us will be a great way for you to earn extra money. This is a great opportunity for freelancers, students and apprentice.
If you like new challenges, you are an open-minded and communicative person, contact us!
How to apply?
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following in your application:
• List of certifications (guiding position)
• Why you would like to join us
We are looking forward to hearing from you!