TERMS & CONDITIONS
All you need to know about terms and conditions which applies for rentals and booking our tours.
How to book your trip
Reserving your adventure with Skärgårdens Kanotcenter is simple. Just call us +46 8 541 377 90 to speak with our helpful staff, e-mail your request to email@example.com or reserve your trip on the web through our website booking system. If you’re not sure which adventure suits you best or you’re looking for more information, just let us know. We would be happy to answer your questions.
We book kayaks and other gear for at least full day. Booking is binding first after payment and order confirmation. Depending on type of event and date we ask you for a deposit or total payment. Booking confirmation is usually sent out via email within 48 hours.
General terms & conditions
1/ When renting kayak, canoe or SUP you must be able to swim at least 200 meters in open sea.
2/ You must wear buoyancy aid (included in the rental) all the time on the sea.
3/ Consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden.
4/ Tour plans must be communicated with us.
5/ If you are running late contact us to avoid emergency calls.
6/ Bring communication aid (phone/VHF).
7/ We have the right to deny rental if customer behaves inappropriate.
8/ The customer must obey and understand the right of public access.
9/ The customer must also respect bird- and sea protection.
Responsibility and insurance
- 1/ All activity with hired equipment is at own risk and responsibility. Kayaking is considered as a small craft, and you are liable to follow the maritime law. All routes are open to normal traffic and you are responsible for conducting proper behaviour according to the traffic rules.
2/ The kayak and all equipment must be returned in the same condition as when collected. Any damage will be charged. If the rudder or skeg is broken when you return the kayak or the fiberglass is damaged you'll pay for the repair work and material a cost starting from 2,000 SEK.
3/ The customer is responsible for damages and loss of equipment. Check your home- or travel insurance to find out how you are covered when renting a gear or booking a guided tour.
- 4/ In case of damaged equipment or any technical problems with the equipment during your trip, you are obliged to immediately inform us.
5/ It is your responsible to return all equipment when agreed. We do not provide pickup service. In case you or your buddies have problems getting back in time, we recommend that you call boat taxi service. You are responsible to pay for the transportation.
6/ The kayak, canoe and other equipment should be cleaned outside and inside when returned. Facilities for that you'll find at our place. If you prefer us to clean it, we charge SEK 200 SEK / kayak.
7/ Collection and return time: collection from 10.00 and return no later than 18:00. When you rent for several days or 24 hours you can even pick up kayak and other gear at 17.45 and return it before 18:00 the day after.
DAY TOURS, DAY RENTALS (bookings up to 4 people)
1/ There is no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 48 hours prior to departure (except administration costs of 200 SEK).
2/ Cancellations less than 48 hours before the event - no refund.
3/ We do not refund no shows.
- PRIVATE TOURS, MULTIDAY RENTALS AND GROUPS (bookings for more than 4 people)
- 1/ There is no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure (except administration costs of 200 SEK).
2/ Cancellations between 29 - 14 days before the event - refundable 75% of the total amount.
3/ Cancellations between 13 - 8 days before the event - refundable 50% of the total amount.
- 4/ Cancellations less 7 days before the event - no refund.
- 5/ We do not refund no shows.
- The refund will be made within 14 days.
- 1/ Always use buoyancy aid (included in the rent) when paddling.
2/ All kayaks are unsinkable. Make sure the lids are properly closed.
3/ Buoyancy aid, paddle, spray deck and basic map covering daily paddling is included in rental. Sea chart & compass is not included but possible to add on to your reservation.
4/ We have the right to cancel rental due to bad weather, typically thunder and strong winds.
5/ Safety briefing and gear adjustments are included in the time rental.
1/ Gift card is valid for one year.
2/ You can use it yourself or give as a present for someone else.
3/ Gift card applies to all our activities that we organize and carry out under our own control: kayak rentals, canoe rental, SUP rental, bike rental and tours.
4/ Gift cards are non-refundable.
General data protection regulation – GDPR
- 1/ We store your booking information in order to make a contract, invoice and communicate with you during the contract period.
- 2/ During our guided tours the guide can take photos that is shared on our website, social media with your consent. If you do not wish to appear on photos just let our guide know.