Easy kayak lesson for beginners.
KAYAKING FOR THE FIRST TIME
Are you wondering if kayaking is something for you? Have you never been in a kayak before, but want to try? If your answer is YES, welcome to join our sea kayaking intro lesson.
Sea kayaking introduction is recommended for anyone who would like to start amazing adventure with sea kayaking. This kayaking introduction will equip you with the essential skills to get you started sea kayaking, while enjoying paddling in our fantastic location in archipelago.
Goal: learn basic kayaking skills
The aim of this intro is to introduce you to the wonderful world of sea kayaking and show you possibilities for developing your skills. We will take it easy so you can get comfortable and enjoy your first kayaking while learning paddling skills. Together with instructor we will go through a little theory and practice the basic skills on the water.
Previous kayaking experience
No previous kayaking experience is required to join this kayak intro lesson. You need to be able to swim and be minimum 12 years old (with parent or guardian).
Skills we will practice
- This introduction lesson will cover skills included in white level Euro Paddle Pass. You will not become a professional kayaker after this trip, but you will learn the basic techniques, which makes it possible to further developing your skills.
- We will cover these subjects:
- - kayaking equipment (life vest, paddle, spray skirt) and parts of the kayak
- - how to carry a kayak
- correct sitting position
- good balance in a kayak
- - launching and landing
- efficient forward paddling
- turning using paddle and rudder
- stopping and reverse paddling
At the end there will be possibility to flip over a kayak and do wet exit (getting out of kayak), re-enter kayak and T-rescue for those who wants.
As part of the learning process getting wet and capsizing is possible, so come prepared for getting wet as well as a lot of fun and learning. You can also join with your own sea kayak (your kayak must be equipped with: waterproof bulkheads, rudder or skeg system, spray skirt).
You can go further and develop fundamental sea kayaking skills during Basic sea kayaking course / level 1 or join our Guided kayak tour which is a great possibility to practice basic skills you've learned when enjoying our beautiful waters by kayak together with our guide.
Other dates are possible for at least 3 people. All of our kayak courses and tours can be organized as a private event just for your group. Welcome to contact us!
950 SEK / person
- English / Swedish speaking kayaking leader
- All sea kayaking equipment including: single or double kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Fika (swedish coffee break with bun)
- Others: waterproof bag
In our kayak shop you can buy useful kayaking accessories like dry bags for documents, local maps, book to learn about sea kayaking.
What to bring
- Outdoor clothes according to the weather (wind / rain protection jacket, thermal underwear, no jeans and no cotton, swimming wear and towel)
- Wetshoes, flip flops or sandals
- Change of clothes in case you get wet
- Waterproof case for your phone
- Water bottle, snacks
- Optional: short wetsuit in case of colder weather, nose plug and swimming goggles for comfort while playing in water
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
- Minimum age 12 years (with parent or guardian)