3 hours kayak tour around Vaxholm
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Explore winter side of Stockholm Archipelago by kayak. When the summer crowds depart life returns to normal for those who live here all year round. Winter kayaking is the time of year where you can truly experience the tranquility of archipelago and luxury of having it all to yourself.
Paddling around Vaxholm with the 16th century fortress and traditional fishing cottages, will give you the full archipelago experience. Admire beautiful swedish architecture along the way and listen to local stories about the area. On the other side, there is one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves, which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago. Soak up the scenic winter views and feel immersed in the tranquility, despite being just 30 minutes from Stockholm.
We meet in our kayak center on Resarö island. Depending on the weather conditions in the middle or after tour we enjoy a typical Swedish 'fika,' also known as a coffee break.
Our guides choose where to paddle based on their knowledge of archipelago, weather forecast and the sea conditions. Your guide will offer instruction on how to develop your paddling skills. We use single and double sea kayaks (depending on your experience). Doubles are incredibly stable and are great for those who are nervous or if you just want to share the paddling.
Eco friendly tour
Environment and climate are very important for us. We believe each of us can take small steps and actions to a sustainable future.
- We encourage you to arrive by train or car. Our location is easily accessible by public transport.
- We don’t use single-use plastics and make all our tours zero-waste.
- We cooperate with local family businesses.
- We educate about The Right To Roam.
- We promote the off-season with unique products and discounted prices.
- We are a members of Skärgårdsstiftelsen (Archipelago Foundation working to protect a genuine archipelago).
If there is no availability online please contact us. We can provide also tailor-made tour for groups of at least 4 people.
1,200 SEK / person
November - April (other months check our summer tours)
- English speaking guide
- All sea kayaking equipment including: double or single kayaks, PFDs, paddles, spray decks, map
- Drysuit, poggies/gloves and boots
- Fika (swedish coffee break with bun)
- Others: waterproof bag, water
What to bring
- Warm underwear (preferably wool)
- Warm clothes to be worn under the dry suit
- Warm wool socks
- Warm hat, gloves
- Change of clothes in case you get a bit wet
- Waterproof case for your phone and camera
- Normal physical condition required (You need to be capable to sit on the floor then get up without assistance)
- Ability to swim
- Weight limit, 110 kilo per person
- Minimum 160 cm height
“People at the center are extremely friendly, competent and enthusiastic, and they provide a great choice of sea kayaks for paddlers of all sizes. ”
“If you're visiting Stockholm I cannot recommend this place enough. It made our trip and it made my boyfriend's birthday. I can't wait to go back.”
“Quality kayak, experienced and passionate guide, beautiful tour, a lovely lunch and swim during the stop. Exceeds all expectations!”